2.04.2013

TUMBLING TIMBS

For this intallment I decided to start with a beer and see where it takes me.  These are the same words I often use when I get my first drink at Happy Hour.  I know it is the dead of winter and all but recently I have been longing for Autumn.  Maybe it has been the change in weather  but I have really been craving a Tumbler.


Sierra Nevada Tumbler Autumn Brown Ale, is one of my favorite beers no matter what season it is.  The few times I have stumbled across it (sometimes literally) on tap it is easily one of the cleanest beers to ever grace my palette.


As far as Brown's go there is only one other I can think of that is in the same category(STAY TUNED)



As long as we are discussing how much I miss the fall right now, why not discuss the perfect kicks for the season.  Of course I am talking about Timberland's.   



Pictured above are the Yele Haiti Timberland's.  You guys may remember the song "Yele" by Wyclef Jean.  The word Yele was created by Clef for his native country of Haiti.  It means Cry Freedom.

Wyclef and Timberland collaborated on these as a part of the extensive charity work he has taken on in recent years.

The Timberland Yele Haiti Earthkeepers are a collection of 16 boots designed for men, women and kids, using recycled and organic materials with the goal of raising awareness about environmental causes in Wyclef's native Haiti.


Named for the artist's Yele Haiti organization—a charitable grassroots movement working to implement programs in education, sports, the arts and the environment—the eco-conscious footwear specifically aims to call attention to reforestation in the country.


CHECK OUT THE WEBSITE
http://community.timberland.com/Haiti


Not only are these nice to look at, they are for a  really interesting and important cause.

 

 


I had no idea before writing this that these Timberland's were anything more than just a beautiful pair of boots.   You learn something every day.  I wanted a pair before but now there is no doubt in my mind I will be adding these to my cart.

I know this installment is a little bit out of left field and doesn't necessarily make much sense but this is my blog so if you don't like it KICK ROCKS or get TIMBERLAND STOMPED.  Plus you have to admit it looks nice and the colors match.

Cheers.
Peace.
Yele.




No comments:

Post a Comment