2.10.2013

EXTRA FRESH

Every now and then a sneaker comes around that you feel privileged to own.  A sneaker that is so fresh  that you feel like a new person when you put them on.  This is how I felt when I found the Nike Air Royal in antique brown.


I copped these at Takeover in Montclair on Bloomfield Ave.  A great spot.  They have a really nice selection, especially if you are a sneakerhead.  They always seem to have new stuff coming in and every time I go in there I always find something extra fresh.  This is the kind of store  Montclair needed.  A place with a lot of flavor and diversity similar to the town's real residents.  Not the yuppies who seem to be really trying to "takeover".
CHECK OUT THEIR WEBSITE


These sneakers have become the most comfortable kicks I have ever had.  The leather is so soft it really does eventually mold to your foot.  These can also be kept nice with an occasional wipe down and shine.  They look even nicer in person.


It was hard to think of a beer that could compliment these puppies.  I really had to go the extra mile.  After a lot of thinking, I came up with the beer that I think could be considered an equal.  A beer that already came from an amazing foundation, but added that extra freshness.  Of course I am talking about Guinness Foreign Extra. 


Guinness really raised the standard with this stout.  It is well-rounded and full-flavored while still managing to be subtle.  Out of all the stout's I have tasted, this is in a class all by itself.   You can't call yourself a real Guinness fan until you have tried this.  It is hard to come by, but when you have the opportunity do not hesitate regardless of the price.




Lovely day for a Guinness.

CHEERS.






No comments:

Post a Comment